Damage Control 911 knows how much it means for young adults to be able to acquire a quality and comprehensive education. To help support them, we are hosting a scholarship competition.
To apply, you must be either:
- A high school senior that has been accepted to an accredited university
- A current undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited university
Please write an 800 to 1500 word essay on marketing a local service business successfully online today.
In addition to that essay, please record a 2 to 8-minute video showing a tactic that you would use to market a local service business online today.
Submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter to an accredited university that is listed on the official website of the US Department of Education. School transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Please be advised that your submission may be shared publicly.
Submitting Your Scholarship Application
Please submit the below information to email@example.com :
- Full Name
- Photo of Applicant
- Phone Number
Attached proof of your current academic status, including proof that you have been accepted to an accredited college or are currently attending one as an undergraduate student. By applying, you give us permission to confirm your admission and your attendance by contacting the school you will be attending.
We must be provided a live link to the video that you created, so it must be uploaded to a file sharing service such as DropBox, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. We do not accept hard copy submissions on CDs, flash drives, etc. Title the video file with your full name. A video uploaded to YouTube must remain visible and shareable until the winner announcement date.
What Will My Application Be Judged On?
In addition to the grammatical content of your application, you will be judged on:
- The amount of passion you display for your ideas
- Originality – We will use plagiarism software and if your work is found to be copied directly from another source, your application will be disqualified
- The persuasiveness of your essay and video content
- Sources of information must be cited where it is relevant to do so
Deadline For Application
The deadline for applying for this scholarship is July 1, 2019. A winner will be announced August 15, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this scholarship given per year or per semester?
The Damage Control 911 Scholarship is offered for the academic year only.
2. What is the prize given to the winner?
The prize given is $1,000 for one year to assist the winner with academic expenses at that institution.
3. Where is the prize money sent?
The prize will only be delivered to the college or university the winner is attending.
4. When will the result be announced?
The result of the scholarship contest will be announced in the first or second week of August.
5. How will I find out who won the prize?
We will have a results page here that you can check on August 15th where we will announce the winner, including his/her name and school they will be attending.
Damage Control 911 Scholarship Terms & Conditions
Upon submitting, you certify that all videos, photos, and text content are your own original work. Plagiarized submissions will be rejected.
A student may only submit one entry per year and may not submit duplicates. Scholarships are not renewable and must be applied for again the following year. Upon submitting the application, you certify that all of the information that you have provided with it is accurate and complete.
Upon submission, the applicant grants Damage Control 911, its agents, and/or representatives permission to:
-Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any applies, in announcements or articles such as in social media, newsletters, press releases, etc issued by Damage Control 911
- Post the applicant's full name, college or university they are attending, video, and essay on damagecontrol-911.com
- Call and/or send pertinent information to the applicant about their application and materials submitted
- Winners will be notified via email and announced publicly, as well as on Damage Control 911's social media properties
Applicants must provide proof of current enrollment to an accredited US college or university within 21 calendar days. Acceptable proof includes a copy of the tuition bill or a letter of proof from the school. If a winner cannot prove enrollment to either of the above, Damage Control 911 will revoke the award for that applicant and award it to the next runner up.